Friday 7 February 2014

Cupcake Craze

This week I celebrated my birthday, and of course I had to include one of my favourite things – Cupcakes! I love cupcakes. Ever since I can remember, cupcakes have always made an appearance on my birthday and this year was no exception. This year for my birthday I made gluten-free vanilla cupcakes. It was my first time baking gluten-free and since my best friend is celiac, I definitely wanted to make sure I made something for everyone to eat. I found this recipe on Pinterest and found the ingredients and the directions simplistic.

Vanilla Gluten-Free Cupcakes with Icing


I liked this recipe because it made a dozen cupcakes; just enough so you won’t have cupcakes for a week. And the best part about cupcakes is that they are perfect for portion control. For first time gluten-free bakers, cupcakes are typically a little crumbly, more like a muffin and not as moist as you expect. Since it was my first time baking this recipe, I did follow the exact ingredients. These cupcakes weren’t very sweet, and like I mentioned, they were not very moist. This recipe does not include icing, and because some of my friends are used to sweet cupcakes, I made a little icing enough to help enhance the sweetness of the cupcake!


I know that my best friend enjoyed these cupcakes and I would recommend anyone who is celiac to try this little sweet cheat and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. my fatherinlaw also has celiac disease and while I already have a few recipes to make for him, I will add this to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm those look delicious, I like that you got creative with the icing as I too love sweet cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete