Thursday 30 January 2014

How do you like them Apples?

Apple Crisp - Before and After


To start off my blog, I wanted to incorporate something that my mom has always made and something that I absolutely love – Apple Crisp.  Someone once shared this recipe with her, and now I would love to do the same with you. This recipe is a tasty dessert that she has made for years and it’s a perfect sweet cheat that includes fruit! My mother started this dessert by simply cooking apples, and it is now a family favourite. This recipe is also perfect if your apples are going bad, or if you are like my family and have a bushel of apples and unsure of how to use them all up!  

You can also substitute apples for pears, and for additional flavor, including fresh cranberries makes this extra sweet and original. You can serve the apple crisp with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or add a dollop of whip cream. However, if you are watching your desserts, apple crisp is an awesome alternative to get a daily serving of fruit, and you can always skip the ice cream or use non-fat.  The reason why I enjoy this dessert is because I love fruit and the taste of cinnamon. If you are an apple lover, try this recipe and I would love your feedback.


I hope you all enjoy this apple crisp sweet cheat as much as I do. And remember, it is always nice to treat yourself once a week.

3 comments:

  1. Apples and cinnamon is the best flavour combination. This would even be amazing over yogurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! If I had read this sooner I would have made it for the Super Bowl. Oh well, always next Sunday. Thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks incredible! My parents have an apple tree in their backyard and we always have a million of apples that always go bad but not this summer! I will make sure to pass this on to my family and put those apples to use! Also, if you want any free apples, I'm your girl!

    ReplyDelete