Friday 21 February 2014

Don't Stress, It's No-Bake

“Stressed is Desserts spelt backwards”

Being a student, I personally can relate to the phrase stress eating. When studying for exams or completely assignments I find myself constantly craving for something to snack on, especially something sweet. Well, there is some truth behind this phrase and reasoning behind my uncontrolled cravings. Cortisol is a hormone that stimulates fat and carbohydrate metabolism for fast energy and stimulates insulin release and maintenance of blood sugar levels. As a result, this can lead to an increase in appetite. However, everyone deals with stress in different ways and not every body reacts the same. 
No-bake Cookie Dough Bites

Over the years I have come to realize that I had to find alternatives for my sweet tooth cravings because stress increased my desire for treats. This week I made healthy no-bake cookie dough bites. I think these little sweet cheats are perfect to munch on for a study snack. I found this recipe on Lauren Conrad’s blog this summer and I have been waiting for a time to make them. What I love most about this recipe is not only are these healthy but they are also easy to make. These tasty bites are free from dairy and processed sugar, but also they are full of healthy whole grain oats to help control your appetite.


I recommend all of you the next time you feel stressed over something and begin craving something sugary, sweet cheat yourself to these cookie dough bites that will leave you feeling satisfying and stress free.  


11 comments:

  1. Wow those look awesome! I can also relate to stress eating - I always want to snack on something when I'm studying/ doing homework. I will have to try these next time I'm craving a sweet snack. And the fact that they're healthy is an added bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you out of everybody knows how much I adore snacking! haha
    This treat looks absolutely irresistible and super easy to make, cant wait to give it a try over break ;) Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great point that this recipe is not time-consuming because if you are hungry and stressed and have to wait for one hour till it's ready, your stress level will only rise. Thank you for an awesome recipe Alessandra))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always looking for new dessert or snack recipes to try because like many, I'm a huge snacker and it only increases when I'm stressed. I like how these are a no-bake cookie dough because I have been guilty of eating raw cookie dough which I know is bad because of the raw eggs. Now I can indulge in this guilty pleasure without feeling guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! I made them last week and they were a huge success with my friends and family. I love an easy snack and these fit the bill. I am loving your blog. Keep up all these mouth watering treats and I will keep testing them out!
    -Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great recipe, Alessandra! I'll definitely have to try them! I don't suffer from stress eating, thankfully (I go without, strangely) but I do have a HUGE sweet tooth haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look absolutely amazing.. might have to make a trip to the Bulk Barn to pick up the ingredients this weekend. Thanks for sharing Alessandra!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This recipe looks great, I'll definitely have to try them out. It might just be the thing to settle the craving I've been having lately for cookies...lots and lots of cookies. Bulk Barn will be on my places to go to get these ingredients. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect for this non-baker. I don't know what it is but I just do not bake well at all. Thanks for all the great cheat ideas! They are also wonderful additions to lunches for my kids.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm on-board with ANYTHING that's "no-bake" - being a horrible cook, I'm always on the lookout for easy bake solutions. The problem though, is that I usually end up sacrificing health for the convenience of easy food, so knowing that these are a healthy option makes me so happy. I'm going to make these right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look so simple and so delicious! I will definitely be making these in the near future! Great post.

    ReplyDelete