Friday 14 February 2014

The Crêpe Escape

Chocolate Crepes with raspberry sauce
Valentine’s Day each year consists of your standard treats, whether it may be a box of chocolates, candy hearts, or even chocolate covered strawberries. This year instead of overindulging on Valentine’s Day goodies, sweet cheat yourself and a loved one to chocolate crêpes with raspberry sauce. Paris is known for being the city of love where the word crêpe, which is French, origins from France. Nothing says romance better than this homemade dessert for a special someone.

What I love about crêpes is the variety of ways they can be served leaving your sweet tooth craving satisfied. I found this recipe through Pinterest on a page called Taste of Home. I really enjoyed this recipe and found making crêpes for the first time easier than I thought. This recipe calls for fat-free ingredients making these crêpes low in calories and low in fat. The crêpe itself was not very sweet so adding the raspberry sauce was a really nice touch. Since this was my first time making this recipe, after making the raspberry sauce I noticed that there was a lot compared to home many crêpes I had. Next time I make this recipe, I will definitely cut that in half so I’m not left with much extra sauce.   

So this weekend refrain yourself from your typical store bought treats and try making these homemade chocolate crêpes with raspberry sauce!

Recipe

1 comment:

  1. I've never tried making crepes, but I would definitely like to. I've had different kinds in the past and I think they make for a great dessert. These chocolate crepes look delicious, so thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete