Friday 14 March 2014

Eat Dessert First

Skinny Chocolate Muffins
Muffins are my all time favourite snack. They can be made in many different ways with an assortment of flavours. This week I decided to make these skinny treats – Chocolate Muffins. I found this recipe on a blog called Crazy for Crust that includes a variety of desserts and skinny options. What I find so interesting about this recipe is that these muffins are made from All Bran cereal.  

These skinny chocolate muffins are made without any oil or butter but instead non-fat plain Greek yogurt. I love recipes that include substituting fats for Greek yogurt. The subbing of yogurt also helps keep the muffins moist. They are only 102 calories and have 3.5 grams of protein in each. Since they are made from All Bran, these muffins also include 3.7 grams of fiber. Don't they sound pretty healthy?  

Prepped Chocolate Muffins

These muffins are perfect for breakfast due to their nutritional sources. Breakfast is very important (something you hear often) however, including protein in your morning will help you feel fuller all day. So start your day off with eating dessert first! Sweet cheat yourself to a healthy treat for your breakfast meal. These muffins can also be used for a post-workout snack because aren’t very sweet but the protein will help your body replenish.

For other ways to try and incorporate protein in your breakfast with something tasting   sweet, check out my friends blog Live a SMOOTH-ie Lifestyle.

I hope you enjoy these chocolate muffins and let me know you guys think about them!

Recipe  


2 comments:

  1. When I opened your blog and saw the photos, I just can't wait to read this post. Because I am muffin girl, just like your first sentence here "Muffins are my all time favourite snack." But sometimes I also feel guilty due to the high calorie, now I don't need to worry about it, thanks for this healthy skinny bran cereal desserts. Can not wait to make them at home this weekend. Great blog, and thanks Alessandra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I've started baking, I'll be giving this a try!
    Thanks for sharing this healthy muffin option.
    I'll let you know how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete